Best answer

Clarity on the current ChatGPT version options

• 5 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi there,

I am creating Zaps using the “Conversation in ChatGPT” action.

When setting up I have two options for models, both 3.5 - I want to use v4, and my understanding was that this required me to upgrade my Openai API subscription to paid.

I have done this, and have waited sometime for caches to clear - but I only see the two 3.5 options.

I have a ChaptGPT Plus account, and I have now created a paid API account - is I was expecting to see v4 as a new option in the Zap integration?

Any advice?

Many thanks, Steve.

icon

Best answer by REXZ Automations 21 May 2023, 16:39

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @stevewalkr! 👋

Sorry to hear that GPT-4 option isn’t loading. Did you reconnect the ChatGPT Plus account after upgrading it?

If not, can you give that a try and see if that then allows you to see GPT-4 in the list of available models?

Look forward to hearing from you on this!

Hi Sam,

Yes, I had previously tried creating a new API key to try to force a refresh. I have just repeated this, using a new API key as well as refreshing the connection.

Unfortunately no change, I only have the 3.5 options in the list.

I definitely have ChatGPT Plus as well as a Paid API account.

Kind regards, Steve. 

I notice my API rate limit settings do not list v4 - so I think the issue is at the GPT end and I should contact them, I see this in the account:

Probably Zapier is returning what their API provides, and so I need to talk to them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for giving us an update on what you found @stevewalkr, that’s super helpful!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I notice my API rate limit settings do not list v4 - so I think the issue is at the GPT end and I should contact them, I see this in the account:

Probably Zapier is returning what their API provides, and so I need to talk to them.

HI @stevewalkr,

Same issue here, the solution i think is within Open AI indeed. You have to get on the waitlist for GPT 4 API, and get approved before you can use/see the GPT-4 API within Zapier.

Please follow this link for signing up for the waitlist. https://openai.com/waitlist/gpt-4-api

KR Bram

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, appreciate you sharing that link, @REXZ Automations - one less extra search for everyone. 🎉

Userlevel 1
Badge

No problem, pretty soon I will start my own channel on Youtube providing full automation tutorials with Chat GPT and Zapier, in helping more people automate there time consuming painful processes.