Question

ChatGPT's answer to ActiveCampaign

• 26 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello. I need some help with my zap. I'm trying to achieve the following: user fills out the survey on my website with Thrive Quiz builder. The quiz results are then sent to Zapier using webhook. Zapier's ChatGPT or OpenAI app then uses the quiz results in the prompt to ask GPT-3. Then I need the GPT's answer to be sent to Activecampaign. My problem is that there is no result field when I look at the OpenAI app fields. There is a prompt field, but if I use that, it only sends the actual prompt, not the answer to Activecampaign. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @JussiH, welcome to the Community! 🙂

It looks like the response from ChatGPT might be in that Choices Text field. I can’t see the full contents of that field but it looks like it’s the start of a business plan as it mentions “Executive Summary” then starts to talk about the business: 
34921abe76d6c7c91ff934f9c3387c91.png

Can you try selecting that Choices Text field to see if that sends over ChatGPT’s response to ActiveCampaign?

Please let us know whether that solves it! 🤞

Userlevel 1

Hello. Thank you for the quick response. I tried that but that is not the answer from OpenAI API.

It looks like this, I don’t know where that info is pulled from, it is not related to my quiz. For example, those variables don’t match with my quiz categories.

More ideas?

Executive Summary

%business_name% is a %business_type% business that will provide %business_service% services to %target_market%. The business will be located in %location%, and will be owned and operated by %owner_name%.

%business_name% will focus on providing quality services to its customers, and will strive to be the premier provider of %business_service% services in the %location% area. The business will also focus on providing excellent customer service, and will strive to build relationships with its customers.

The initial start-up costs for %business_name% will be %startup_costs%, and the business will generate revenue through %revenue_sources%. The business will be marketed through %marketing_strategies%.

%business_name% will be a profitable business, and will generate a net profit of %net_profit% in the first year of operation.

Business Description

%business_name% is a %business_type% business that will provide %business_service% services to %target_market%. The business will be located in %location%, and will be owned and operated by %owner_name%.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for trying that Choices Text field @JussiH, sorry it didn’t work as hoped!

Hmm, does the sample selected for the Webhooks by Zapier trigger contain the correct quiz fields?

If yes, can you please share a screenshot of the quiz fields that were selected from the Webhook trigger in the prompt? I’d like to check it to see if I can spot what might be causing the incorrect quiz variables to be used in the response. Don’t forget to remove/hide any private information like names, emails, phone numbers etc from any screenshots first.

If no, then that could well be why the quiz variables are incorrect. In which case can you try changing the test sample that’s been selected on the trigger step and retest the ActiveCampaign action to see if that gets it working correctly?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Userlevel 1

Hello. For me, it seems that there is some sort of problem in the Zapier’s webhook or the integration between Thrive and Zapier.

When I check from Thrive automator’s log the data seems to be ok.

Here is the partial screenshot of the data from Thrive automator’s log:

The newest data what Zapier webhook found is this:

I have no idea where the data is coming, because that is not even the email that I’ve used when testing.

Userlevel 1

Hello again. I managed to do this, no need for further assistance. Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JussiH!

Thanks for letting us know that you were able to sort this one. If you have time, we’d love to know how in case it helps someone with the same issue. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Yes, of course. I used another variable in the Thrive Automator and managed to get the right data via Webhook to Zapier.