Question

Changing Trello Workspace URL & Zaps

• 20 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Will changing a Trello Workspace URL will it impact the zaps currently have running for that Trello Workspace?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ericarph 

Good question.

Sometimes the only way to know for something like that is to test and find out.

Probably depends on how you have the Zap configured that’s using Trello.

Can you share more details?

Thanks @Troy Tessalone, I agree.

We have a workspace that has a name and url that needs to be changed.  Our Zaps are simple to create a card from a google form to a board inside the workspace in Trello.  

If I do a test and change the url to the new one and it doesn’t work and I want to go back to our original url, will it allow me to do that or will it say the name is taken?

Oops, sorry that is not a Zapier question, that is a Trello question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @ericarph

I’m not sure if Trello would allow you to change the workspace’s URL back to the original one. I would have thought that the Zaps would select the workspace by using it’s ID number rather than it’s URL. So if you have Zaps that are connected to the workspace that is then renamed my guess would be that they would still run ok. But as Troy suggested, it’s always a good idea to test this sort of thing out first!

If you haven’t already, I’d recommend creating a new workspace in Trello and connecting some new test Zaps to it specifically for the purpose of testing this out. That way none of your existing workspaces or Zaps will be affected if something goes wrong! Please do let us know how you get on with this. 🙂