Best answer

Capturing woocommerce customer update zaps with ACF field

• 29 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Anyone experience this issue of capturing woo customer update zaps with some custom field values missing (ACF)?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 2 November 2022, 01:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Regen Coms!

Your best resource for a definitive answer regarding the compatibility of Woocommerce & Advanced Custom Fields might be Woocommerce themselves, as they’ll be best positioned to check exactly what the Woocommerce API is capable of delivering to Zapier.

If you’ve seen some but not all of your custom fields present in the trigger data, you might be able to adjust the configuration of your custom fields to ensure they’re included by Woocoomerce in the payload sent to Zapier.

My personal hunch is that Woocommerce would currently only be capable of sending its own fields, as it would be difficult to account for all the possible field configurations that ACF offers (and many Wordpress sites might not use ACF at all).

As an alternative path forward, you or your web developer might be able to use Webhooks by Zapier to deliver both the Woocommerce fields, and the Advanced Custom Fields, to a Zap - but that would require writing a small Wordpress plugin of your own.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Regen Coms!

Your best resource for a definitive answer regarding the compatibility of Woocommerce & Advanced Custom Fields might be Woocommerce themselves, as they’ll be best positioned to check exactly what the Woocommerce API is capable of delivering to Zapier.

If you’ve seen some but not all of your custom fields present in the trigger data, you might be able to adjust the configuration of your custom fields to ensure they’re included by Woocoomerce in the payload sent to Zapier.

My personal hunch is that Woocommerce would currently only be capable of sending its own fields, as it would be difficult to account for all the possible field configurations that ACF offers (and many Wordpress sites might not use ACF at all).

As an alternative path forward, you or your web developer might be able to use Webhooks by Zapier to deliver both the Woocommerce fields, and the Advanced Custom Fields, to a Zap - but that would require writing a small Wordpress plugin of your own.

I hope this helps!

Hey there, friends!

I wanted to swing by and mention that the Zapier WooCommerce Customer trigger doesn’t support advanced custom fields at the moment. 😔

There is an open feature request though that I added your vote to, @Regen Coms! This way if and when these are supported we’ll email you and keep this topic updated. 🙂

That said, Christian’s recommendation for using Webhooks is a potential workaround but it’s worth mentioning this is considered a wee bit more of an advanced approach. So support may be limited.

Thanks again for raising this in community!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I wanted to swing by and mention that the Zapier WooCommerce Customer trigger doesn’t support advanced custom fields at the moment. 

Hi ya’ll! Popping in to update this thread again.

WooCommerce got back to us and advised advanced custom fields should be supported and they believe this may have been an issue with a conflicting plugin. 

They asked in this particular scenario to give their support team a shout as it will likely require them digging around a bit more to find the root cause.

Sorry about the confusion here! 😬