Best answer

Cannot search myself in User field

• 17 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I want to select myself as Trigger > User in "1. New Reaction Added in Slack", but I cannot search myself. Why is this? I want to trigger my reaction with a specific emoji.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 17 April 2023, 15:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Yutaka Matsumoto,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

You can try inputting your User ID as a custom value in the “User” field. Like so:

9b0b98bb12812828b25f099a67b415ef.png
(view larger)

Please give that a try, and keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊

Hi Ken,

Thank you! It worked! By the way, is it possible to specify multiple Users in this User field? I'm not sure if it's possible to specify more than one User in this field? I can't test it with other users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s great news, @Yutaka Matsumoto! So glad Ken was able to help with this! 😁 

That User field would only be able to accept a single user, not multiple users. If you want to trigger on new reactions made by a several different users you’d need to make multiple copies of the Zap and select a different user in the User field on each of the Zaps.

Or you could leave the User field blank and it would trigger for any user that uses a specific emoji reaction. Then, if you wanted to handle it in a single Zap you could use a Filter by Zapier action to check whether the user who added the reaction is one of a specific set users. If that sounds like what you’re after here, I’d recommend checking out our Add conditions to Zaps with filters guide for more details on how to work with filters.

Hope that helps to clarify things. Let us know if you have any further questions!