Best answer

Cannot Add Attachment or Content Document to Salesforce Account

Userlevel 1

My client would like to associate a PDF document to their Salesforce Accounts from a Zap. I’ve tried to figure this out several times with no luck. 

Trying to add a “File” from Zapier

When I use the Create Attachment in Salesforce task, it returns a successful response, but I can’t find the attachment anywhere in Salesforce: 

Successful response

I noticed in Salesforce the files are called “Content Documents,” but the Create Record in Salesforce task does not allow me to select a Content Document as the object. (Only a Content Document Link)

No Content Document Option

I know some posts have mentioned some 3rd party Zap task to accomplish this, but we are keen to see if the direct Zapier <> Salesforce relationship can add an attachment to an account. 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 9 June 2022, 08:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Darren Alderman 

Good question.

Yes, this is a known limitation with the Salesforce Zap app.

Attachments are different than Files in Salesforce.

Believe you are want to and are trying to use Files, which are not yet supported.

Related Zapier Community Topics: https://community.zapier.com/search?q=salesforce%20files

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Darren Alderman! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

I wanted to pop in and confirm Troy’s mention of this feature not being supported by the Salesforce app at the moment. That said it is an open feature request that I’ve added you to. While we don’t have an ETA to share, we’ll be sure to update you and this topic as soon as we know more!

In the meantime, I did want to point anyone interested in the direction of this post in case it’s helpful!

Userlevel 1

Thanks for confirming my suspicions!