Question

Can Zapier help me create a Calendar that alternates and factors in PTO?

• 21 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Trying to see if Zapier can help me create a Google Calendar (maybe from data in a sheet) where I have 6 employees and their schedules alternate daily. If one of them takes PTO, then the workday would shift to the next employee and cycle through. Is this something that can be built with Zapier? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @ReturnCo, this sounds like a cool workflow! To know if something like this is possible or not, the best thing to do is to think of things in terms of Triggers and Action, AKA, when __happens, ___ will happen. If we think of your workflow in terms of steps, what would they look like?

• Employee takes PTO (Is this what needs to kick off the process? Where/how do they request PTO?
  • What do you mean when you say “the workday would shift to the next employee and cycle through”? What are you considering a workday? How would it shift?
  • What are all of the apps involved? Google Calendar...anything else?

Understanding this a bit better will help us look at each app page and look at the triggers/actions available for each. That information will then tell us if this is possible or not.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!