Question

Can Zapier connect to and edit CUSTOM campaign member fields? Marketo >> SFDC

• 6 April 2022
  • 1 reply

We currently use campaign members to track a lot of the activity they are doing either on the web or at specific events. Out of the box, Marketo can only add leads/contacts to campaigns and update their member status.

Can Zapier connect to the campaign member object and update all of the custom fields in the object? We have these fields in the Programs in Marketo, just no way to connect to the CM object in SFDC.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jackprost

The Zapier Salesforce integration works well with custom objects, so I think that the tricky part here is going to be the Marketo side of things. The only Zap trigger available for Marketo is New Lead, in other words, you can only send information about a lead from Marketo to Zapier when that Lead first comes in (ie is a new Lead). Would that work for what you’re looking to do?

For Salesforce, the best way to be sure that Zapier will be able to connect to the fields that you need is to try it in a Zap. Depending on what you want Zapier to do, you can use either the Create Record or Update record action, so if I were you I would start by creating a Zap with the New Lead trigger from Marketo and then add one of those Salesforce actions to make sure that you can find all of the information that you need to pass along. I hope that gets you started in the right direction 😊