Best answer

Can't find Primary Contact data in a SalesForce Opportunity

• 12 April 2021
  • 4 replies

I am trying to set up a zap that will trigger when a SalesForce opportunity is updated to the Closed/Won status. It needs to create a new customer in QuickBooks and enter data relevant to the SalesForce opportunity that was just closed. 

The issue is, it doesn’t seem like the opportunity’s “Primary Contact” Role (or any contact role, for that matter) is data that I can pull out of the SalesForce opportunity. The closest thing I see is the “Account Name” associated with the opportunity, but even if I use a lookup step to pull the relevant account info up, there’s no way that I can see to grab data for a specific contact related to the account.

This feels like it should be easy. In my mind, the opportunity's primary contact should be a no brainer for data I can pull out of an opportunity. Any suggestions for how I can make this work?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 13 April 2021, 01:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Spatial Acuity 

If there is a Contact ID, you can use a Find Record step in the Zap to retrieve the data points related to the linked Object in Salesforce.

Also, make sure to check the available help docs for Salesforce: https://zapier.com/apps/salesforce/help

@Troy Tessalone thank you for the quick reply! I have searched already and didn’t see the Contact ID associated with the Opportunity Data. You can see, when I search for “contact” nothing is returned:

The closest I could see was the Account ID, but when using that for a lookup I still couldn’t find a way to dial into the specific contact, or see a list of contacts or contact IDs within the Account.

The only other thing I could think is that we are still using the SalesForce (Legacy) integration, not the more recent one. Though in my research it didn’t seem like there would be a difference in the data pulled between the two integrations. I hesitate to go through the process of recreating the Zaps we have that work with the legacy integration without knowing this will resolve the issue, though that may be my next step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Spatial Acuity You can open a ticket with Zapier Support here to see if they have help you with this: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

@Troy Tessalone thank you for the link and assistance!