Best answer

Can someone share any documentation on the limits around Jira and Service Management with me?

• 23 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi

I saw this post 

and see there is a limit on the fields that can sync. Please can some share with me any documentation on the limits around Jira (SW and SM).

Thank you

icon

Best answer by christina.d 23 June 2023, 23:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @yatish.madhav

I couldn’t find any documentation that specifically gives a full run down of any limits on using Jira apps on Zapier. There are some common issues noted on the following help guides which may be worth checking out though:

Is there a specific trigger or action you’re wanting to get more information on regarding certain limitations like fields? If you can share some further details around any specific functionality or potential use case that you’re wanting to check is possible, we’ll be happy to do our best to find you an answer.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the quick reply, Sam.

Had a look at those links. Jira Software Server doesnt apply to us. I was hoping/expecting to find a similar post for Jira Service Management Cloud - as that is where we are experiencing the issue.

I saw your comment from Jan 2022 here: 

and wondered if there was any docco but guess not. Does that still apply today RE the support field types?

We have a “Create Request in Jira Service Management” action, and the Jira Reporter field does not show and neither does a label field.

Thank you again

Yatish

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @yatish.madhav! Thanks for those extra details!

This feature request is still open for Jira Service Management (I believe it may have previously been called Jira Service Desk so you may see those terms used interchangeably). The request does also include the Reporter and label field.

While I don’t have an ETA on when or if this will be implemented I did add your vote to the feature request. This is the best way to stay informed if anything changes as we'll email you if this does go live.
The thread you linked is the main thread where any updates will be made. If you’d like to get updates in community I’d recommend subscribing to it. 🙂

If it helps this is the Jira issue associated with the request. Since this app is owned and maintained by the Atlassian team, they’re also tracking it on their end so it might be worth popping your vote there too. 

Sorry to not have better news here but hope some of this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hi

Correct, it was previously Jira Service Desk. 

Thank you for confirming that is still in the pipeline (RE Jira Service Management and Reporter and label field allowance in the connection)\

Thanks - I have subscribed to that thread.

Also, thanks for that link. I have voted and watched and commented too.

Thank you

Yatish

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @yatish.madhav,

Awesome! Glad to know christina.d was able to point you to the right direction.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to post in the Community. We’re always here and happy to help! 😊