Best answer

Can I use the "Link Reader" plugin in GPT-4 with Zapier?

• 22 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hey team Zapier,
I was wondering if there’s a way to use the “Link reader” plugin, which is initially integrated in GPT-4. I have an OpenAI Plus account.
If not, is there a different way to make my GPT-4 plugin read a certain website?

thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Reid 25 July 2023, 00:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Rickthezap,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Unfortunately, selecting plugins via Zap is not available at the moment. You can reach our Support team to have them pass this feedback to our OpenAI team and create a feature request on your behalf.

You can reach our Support team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Rickthezap +1 to what Ken shared. I am curious though if you could provide some information on what you’re trying to accomplish here that would be really helpful. Would you be able to share an example workflow that would be possible if you could do this?

Hi! Thanks for the anwser.
Yes of course!

I’m trying to automate GPT 4 scraping a website’s information, and using this data to create a personalized e-mail just for this business.

Plan is to start a Lead Generation business using Zapier and A.I. to generate personalized e-mails everywhere ;)

So workflow would be

Someone enters a website Domain.
Domain gets registered in a Table
Register triggers GPT Zap
Gpt uses Plugin to read domain name website, gathers all information
Gpt uses website data to scrape for an e-mail, and uses website data to create personalized e-mail on how my Client’s business could help this business out.
Gpt writes e-mail,
Email gets send to the business through Gmail.

Something like this :)
Thanks for the anwsers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Got it! I’ve actually been playing around with a Zap that does something very similar! You should be able to do most of this without plugins. 

I actually shared some GPT-4 generated and definitely unverified code the other day for a Microsoft Bing Search Action you can use in a Zap that really helps find pages to use in your Zaps.  If you combine that with the Web Parser by Zapier Action that can read the contents of a webpage it’s very cool. You can even use apps like Hunter to find and validate email addresses.  

It takes a bit of stringing together and honestly I still haven’t gotta it to the point where all it needs is a domain but figured I’d share all this with you since I’ve found them valuable pieces of my workflow so far!