Best answer

Can I use Formatter, Filter, Paths, etc. with Transfer?

• 19 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

In Zaps I can add helper steps, like Formatter, Filter, etc. Can I add those into a Transfer?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 20 October 2021, 13:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You can’t add any additional steps like Formatter or Filters using Transfer, but there are ways to choose which data will be transferred.

Once you’ve set up which fields need to be transferred, Transfer will show you a list of all the records that will be transferred. You can use the options at the top of the list to filter the records so that only certain ones are transferred.

Using that search field, you can select only records that have data in the field, or type something into the search box so that you only transfer records that match the search.

When the filter is set so that you can see only the records you want to transfer, is the check box at the top of the list (on the left) and choose ‘Select visible’ to transfer only the records that you can see with the filter. 

I hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Danvers +1 for the ability to include transformation steps in the configuration of a Transfer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Appreciate you sharing that feedback, @Troy Tessalone! I got your vote added to that feature request. 😊We’ll be sure to keep you and this thread updated as soon as we know more. 

I would also like to vote for this. Sometimes we need to transform data between systems (for example date fields from mm/dd/yyyy to yyyy-mm-dd, or we use a lookup table to normalize some data). Often we also need to pull files in, and that requires a 2-step action with our system - once to upload the file, and another to then map it to the form field. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Of course, @Natalie H! I’ve got your vote added to that as well. 🙂