Skip to main content
Best answer

Can I use CongitoForm field values as triggers?

• 11 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to use the values of a Choice field as a trigger, but I cannot see this option when creating a Zap.

More specifically, I’m trying to connect CognitoForms (CF) with Zoom Events (ZE).   

In the CF form, the user can choose one item from a list (i.e. radio button, so only 1 item can be selected).  Depending on the chosen value, the user will be registered to ZE with a different ticket type.    

The ZE part of the automation works, as I can select the ticket type in Zapier from a drop-down list.  BUT I cannot find a step that includes a specific value of a Choice field in CognitoForms when setting up the trigger.

Any ideas?   Would this work in a more expensive Zapier plan?

I’m open to using another online form as well if I can replicate this functionality.  (It should be possible to embed the form into a Wordpress website though).

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CsabaBP 

Good question.

Try adding a Filter as step 2: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Thank you, @Troy Tessalone. for your help!

Now I remembered -- I used Zapier filters in the past, but it’s been a long time since I last used Zapier to build a new zap.  Now in this new interface the + sign is much smaller, and I simply did not notice it. 

In the earlier version it was much more obvious.

regards,

Csaba

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @CsabaBP!

Thanks so much for circling back here to confirm that Filter did the trick - the Community really appreciates it! 🤗 Great work as always Troy! 🙌 

And thanks for your sharing your experience with the new Zap Editor. I’ve passed your comments over to the Product Team so that they can take this into consideration when working up future improvements to the Zap Editor. 🙂

Seems like you’re all set for the moment but please do reach back out if you need any further assistance. The Community is always here and happy to help!