Question

Can I update a user's plan on Memberstack when they purchase a course from Webflow eCommerce?

• 18 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, We are currently using Webflow Ecommerce to sell online course due to customization of our checkout pages. We use memberstack for registering users for our plans.
So the userflow we want is: When a user purchases a course from Webflow Ecommerce checkout, the users plan should be updated on Memberstack.For this case, we are using Zapier to connect Webflow and Memberstack. So could someone of you please help us set it up correctly as the users plan are not getting updated on memberstack. I am also attaching the reference to my Zap.

Any help on this will be appreciated. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Ontervent!

Have you been able to set up the Zap and turn it on? If so, are you seeing any errors in the Zap history?

If you’ve not been able to set up the Zap, it should look something like this:

1. Trigger: Webflow - New Order
  2. Action: Memberstack - Create Member

If you want to add members to different plans based on the information in their order, you may need to add some extra steps. If that is the case, could you explain what you’d like to happen in as much detail as possible?

Thanks! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Ontervent ,

Sure, i can help you. Can we connect over message here?

Userlevel 1

Hi there, Thanks for getting back! 

So currently we offer 3 paid online courses to our users and the paid online courses can be purchased through Webflow ecommerce. We also offer a free test course to our users which can be accessed by registering with us through Memberstack sign up form. So for now, users are getting registered and signed up for free course using memberstack but when they make a purchase of paid course through webflow ecommerce, they do not get added to that specific course they chose on memberstack backend and therefore they do not get access to the course. 

So the workflow we need is, Once a users registers for free test course and later purchases the paid course, the user should get the access to the paid course and user should be added to that specific course on Memberstack. Therefore we are using Zapier to connect the Webflow orders to Memberstack plans. 

So could someone of you please help me with setting the right ZAP? The one we created before doesn’t allow the paid user to access the paid course as the user is not getting registered as paid user on memberstack. 

looking forward to your solutions, thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Ontervent 

I can see that the Support Team replied to your ticket, and you’re in conversation with them. Here’s what they said:

Thank you for sharing the workflow. I appreciate it.

Upon checking the available trigger here -> https://zapier.com/apps/memberstack/integrations/webflow

Here's a high-level overview of the workflow:

Trigger: "New Order" in Webflow Ecommerce

• This trigger will activate the workflow whenever a new order is created in Webflow Ecommerce.
Action: "Find Member" in Memberstack
  • This action will search for the Memberstack member based on their email address, which should be included in the Webflow Ecommerce order.
Action: "Update Member" in Memberstack
  • This action will update the Memberstack member's plan based on the course that was purchased in Webflow Ecommerce.

Please give this a shot and let me know how this works for you. Happy to help you more.

In this case, it will be best to keep the conversation going with them as they can dig into the error logs of your Zap with you to look for the cause of the errors (if there’s any).

Userlevel 1

Hello @Brem @Danvers, Thank you for your assistance regarding the automation!

We implemented the workflow automation that you recommended but unfortunately, the member's plan doesn't get updated. So for now, Our users have to sign up with us first to get access to our free course and after the registration, the users get registered as a free member to free course on memberstack. We offer 3 paid courses to our users which can be purchased through Webflow e-commerce. But when the users purchase any of the paid courses through webflow ecommerce, they do not get updated with the new paid plan and hence they do not get access to the paid course. They still are registered as free course users on memberstack even after purchasing the paid plan. So could you please help us fix this automation? What are the additional steps we need to take for our automation to work? :)

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Ontervent,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Would it be possible for you to share a detailed screenshot of the "Action" section of the steps in your Zaps? This would help us better understand the issue and provide more accurate assistance. Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Thank you, and keep us posted! 😊