Question

Can I trigger a URL redirect after capturing a lead's email in a spreadsheet row with a free Zapier account?

• 26 December 2023
  • 4 replies

I am wanting to trigger a URL Redirect. I’m connecting a spreadsheet that is set to capture leads by creating a new row. When this new row has captured the leads email I then, want the lead to be redirected to a URL to continue their flow through a sales funnel. Is this possible with a free Zapier account?

Thank you,

CCMA

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @CCMA,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper, could you please let me know the know which apps/events are you going to use with your workflow? More details, the more likely we are to be able to help you.

Thank you so much!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am wanting to trigger a URL Redirect. I’m connecting a spreadsheet that is set to capture leads by creating a new row. When this new row has captured the leads email I then, want the lead to be redirected to a URL to continue their flow through a sales funnel. Is this possible with a free Zapier account?

Thank you,

CCMA

Hi @CCMA , 

URL redirect is generally a basic functionality present in all sorts of forms that you’re using to capture the leads. 

Considering that you’re capturing the form entry in Zapier and then adding it in a sheet, this zap will trigger regardless of the redirect. 

What you should do is to set the trigger to capture the form separately. And then use your form options to redirect the user to a specific URL on successful submission. 

Let me know if you still have questions. Happy to help. Thanks

I believe I follow what you are saying... I want to apologize for for I see I have left out likely critical info. The 'form'(lead capture) I'm using is my own software. It captures a lead in just 2 clicks without need for them to manually type their name or email. I'm am not integrated directly with any service providers so I must use the zap to make an automation.

The sheet that is setup the capture the leads info automates a new subscriber added in Aweber which starts a campaign.

My obstacle comes in once the software does it part the is simply returned to the same option page instead of being sent to the next webpage in the funnel.

So I figured that I needed to create an automation from the sheet that will redirect the lead to next webpage in the funnel. I see that not happening though as I have been attempting to get it done.

If this clarifies up my issue let me know. If not maybe we can connect directly and discover a fix. I appreciate your time in responding to help, Sir.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi There, I see, and thank you for that info. 

My reply would remain the same. The lead is present in the browser when filling out the form (even if its clicking), then the redirect must happen there as well. 

Zapier don’t have any control over the url that is being passed on to the user (in your case, your lead). You should extend the functionality by implementing a url redirect there on your custom platform. I don’t think there is a way to do that using zapier. 

however, there is one thing that you can do. If you have the email of the user, you CAN generate an email from zapier including the link where you want them to go. But that would be on the user if they want to open up the email and click the link. I believe that wouldn’t be a good option as far as lead capturing flow is concerned.