Best answer

Can I track specific payments with the "New Payment in Xero" trigger?

• 11 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was a way for Zapier to track specific new payments. The ‘New Payment in Xero’ trigger looks to be a catch-all; ideally we would like to track when payments come in that have a specific reference.

For example, if we had a colleague called ‘Joe Bloggs’ who put ‘JB1’ at the start of the reference on every invoice they made, could we set up the trigger to work whenever a payment was received for invoices with those initials on? This would allow us to track payments for specific projects, update our data sheets automatically, and send an automated email to a client as soon as they pay their invoice.

Thanks, I’ll look forward to a response!

Josh

icon

Best answer by SamB 11 July 2023, 14:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome @joshb3399, thanks for joining the Community! 🎉

It looks like there’s a Reference field that’s output by the New Payment Xero trigger. So you could potentially use a filter to check that the value in that Reference field starts with a specific set of letters/numbers like JB1.

For example:
92101bdd4c9b1ca3cf2c8ad61b8932c0.png

If you’ve not used filters actions in a Zap before and would like to learn more about setting them up I’d recommend checking out these guides:

Hope that helps to point you in the right direction. If you run into any issues when setting that up please let us know! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi Sam,

You’re a hero! Thank you so much for this, and for the guides. This has sorted it 🎉

Josh :)