Best answer

Can I tag Pasion.io users and add them to my Kartra mailing list?

• 6 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello. I have an app that I built through Passion.io with a large free content section (it is already connected to Zapier). I am offering this free content to build my community. If people click the link to join the app, can I then use Zapier to automatically tag them and add them to my mailing list on Kartra? I know there are strict rules for opting in to lists. I am trying to avoid users having to perform 2 steps to get on my list (joining the app AND filing out a Kartra opt-in form). I would like for them to only have to join the app, then this 1 action gets them tagged as a new member and gets them into my funnel. 

Can anyone provide some insight with this? 

Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by ken.a 7 July 2023, 07:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @jwright,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like there is no trigger for “joining the app” in Passion.io, but here are the available triggers for Passion.io: https://zapier.com/apps/passion-io/integrations

29c91376a5481ff4da28d462175d61c4.png
(view larger)

Are they creating an account when they join your Passion.io app? If so, the “Account Created” trigger would be perfect for this. Here is how I see the Zap for the workflow that you have in mind:

1. Trigger: Passion.io - Account Created
  2. Action: Kartra - Create New Lead
  3. Action Kartra - Subscribe Lead to List

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi Ken. 

Thank you for your attention and response to my question. 

Yes, they do create an account with passion, so I think your solution will work out perfectly. 

I am going to work on setting that up today. Much appreciated! 

Best, J

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @jwright,

Cool! I’m glad I was able to point you in the right direction.

Let me know if there’s anything I can help with. 😊