Best answer

Can I send reminder emails before a WooCommerce subscription ends when pending cancellation?

• 23 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I am looking to set up an automatic reminder for when someones subscription is cancelling in woocommerce.

Heres the flow im looking for.

Member cancels subscription in woocommerce, they are then pending cancellation until their next resubscription date.

They are emailed via zapier 14 days before their subscription ends, 7 days before, and 2 days before to try to recapture them.

I hope this makes sense, if you have any extra questions I greatly appreciate the help!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 24 August 2022, 07:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Apke land! Great question and definitely appreciate you bringing this to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging and it looks like at the moment, the “Update Subscription” trigger doesn’t have a cancellation rule 😔. There is an open feature request for this that I went ahead and added your vote to though! While this doesn’t guarantee implementation it at least allows us to track interest.

Woocommerce did share this documentation around a potential workaround though that may be helpful. 

I think your zap could look something like this:

1. Woocommerce Trigger - Subscription
  2. Filter by Zapier- Status “Cancelled” 
  3. Delay by Zapier - Delay for [x days]
  4. This last step would depend on your email provider. You can view some of the apps we work with here though.

I hope some of this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @Apke land, it looks like the developers have recently added seventeen new trigger rules to WooCommerce Zapier, including a new "Subscription status changed to Cancelled" trigger rule.

Please click here for full details. Let us know if you have any questions!