Skip to main content
Question

Can I schedule posts on Monday.com to be published on Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin?

• 17 January 2023
  • 13 replies

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to use Monday.com to schedule future posts to be automatically published on social media. I have not been able to find anyone saying explicitly that it is possible. I have tried a few things but have not been able to delay posts until the desired publishing time. 

Any help would be appreciated.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Laurence Hidson! 🙂

The easiest way I can think of would be to use an app like Buffer to schedule posts to go on your social media account at a certain time (using its Add to Schedule action). Then if you add new items in Monday.com with a “schedule date” for the post the Buffer could take this “schedule date” value and use that to determine when the post should be published on your social media account.

So the Zap you’d set up would have the trigger New Item in Board (Monday.com) and the action Add to Schedule (Buffer). Does that approach sound like it would work for you?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, @SamB this sounds like it will work. But after a bit of trialling, I have run into the below message.

87153c7bef8efb74301fd2f5e0b679d9.png

Buffer

Required field "Text" (text) is missing. Required field "Scheduled Date & Time" (scheduled_at) is missing.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@SamB, is there any chance you know what I have done wrong? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @SamB, I’m still a bit stuck on this. I keep getting the ‘missing field’ message even though the fields are filled. Any ideas on what may be going wrong?

Userlevel 1
Badge

The ‘required field’ ‘missing’ email keeps coming through even though they are filled. 

We are attempting to link buffer to monday.com so that we can actually schedule social media posts inside monday.com.

The date and time and text fields keep setting off zap alerts for being empty. However, they are never empty.

Any ideas on what may be going wrong?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to see you’re running into that error here, @Laurence Hidson

My first thought is perhaps the Text field has some additional validation and there needs to be a minimum amount of characters. Could you try manually typing in some additional text so it’s not just using “MG” in that field? Just want to see if testing it with more text will allow it to go through. You can remove that additional text from the field after testing of course.

For the Scheduled Date & Time, had the date and time selected for that field already occurred? Or was it in the future? Can you try scheduling a post to go out a bit further in the future, like in a few hours time to see if that will go through without any errors? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you on this! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @SamB, an error for the next post I was creating actually came through while I was writing the caption and had not yet scheduled the post (i.e I had not yet added a date and time). Could this be due to the trigger being ‘New Item In Board’? 

FYI I have done all my testing with dates set in the future.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @SamB, when I manually enter some text and run the test the zap works. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Laurence Hidson!

I answered your question about the timing difference of the scheduled posts over here:

Keeping different questions in different posts helps other members to find answers more easily and also means that your new question will have more eyes on it. 

In terms of getting the posts to schedule, did adding a longer description and a future date do the trick? Or did you need to do something else? Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, @Danvers, timing in the future was needed but I also had to change the trigger to 

Specific Column Value Changed in Board in monday.com

I believe that setting the trigger to work when a new item was made was causing the action before I had time to fill in the required fields for the zap to run. So now that I have set up a ‘reviewed’ column I can fill in those fields before the zap is triggered. 

One more issue I have is that image URLs are not working with the zap. When I manually make a shareable URL in google drive and then convert that to a ‘Google Drive Direct  Link’ in https://sites.google.com/site/gdocs2direct/ and add this to the ‘photo URL’ section the test works. The problem is I don’t know how to automate this particular process. 

I believe I can make a URL shareable with the google drive integration but have been unable to run a successful test so far. 

The other issue is that I have not been able to find an integration that will allow me to create a ‘Google Drive Direct Link’. 

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Laurence Hidson just stepping in for Danvers here! I’m glad to hear you were able to get things sorted by changing your trigger. 😅

As for your second question regarding the URL formatting, it sounds like a direct file link isn’t being provided through Monday so you’re needing to first send it to Google Drive, is that correct? I think this is what you’re asking about that you could try, but please correct me if I’m misunderstanding!: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495965264397-Common-Problems-with-Google-Drive#how-do-i-get-a-download-file-url-from-google-drive--0-5

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Jesse, thanks. I think that’s what I'm looking for. I am wondering how I can automate that process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Laurence Hidson!

You can upload files to Google Drive in a Zap using the Upload File action. That will give you a direct link that you can use to create the download url (the help doc that Jesse shared explains how to do that). 

I’m not sure if that answers your question, if it doesn’t, could you share all the steps that are in your Zap right now and the link to the file that you have from the Monday trigger? That will help us to see where we can help 😊

Thanks!