Question

Can I retrieve my deleted Zap drafts?

• 24 June 2023
  • 3 replies

So I had this extensive Zap in my drafts. I accidentally clicked replace existing draft and now the draft is gone and I can see only the original Zap. Is there any way to retrieve it? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @anumf 

Good question.

If the draft version is available it would be found under the Versions section: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/9693520498445

Hi @Troy Tessalone . Thanks. The version history shows only the published ones. Looks like I lost the draft. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @anumf - thanks for reaching out in community!

It looks like you were able to chat with our friends in support and they mentioned this:

Zap versions can't be changed or deleted so if you can't find the draft you were working on, I'm assuming it must have been the draft that was deleted. Unfortunately, we're unable to retrieve or restore deleted Zap drafts so you might need to make the changes again in your Zap's current draft. If the deleted draft has been published before, one way to make this rebuild easier is to look for a Run in your Zap's Task History and mirror the steps.

Sorry to not have better news here! Definitely keep us posted if you have any other questions - we’re always happy to lend a hand.🙂