Best answer

Can I publish my Zap without using a trigger?

• 20 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Assume 2 Apps: App A (a CRM) and App B (my app).

When Event X happens in App A, a user wants Action 1 to happen in App B.

I want to publish Actions (Create Data, Update Data) so that users can choose their CRM and have it insert data into my App.

How can I publish such Actions? I am seeing a way to add a Zap, which seems to require a Trigger. But at the moment, I only want to react to events taking place in other apps.

Please advise! Thanks!!!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 20 September 2023, 04:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @hexagoncode 

Good question.

Check out the Zapier Developer Platform: https://zapier.com/platform

Thanks for the response, @Troy Tessalone

Unfortunately, I have already visited the link above. Specifically, the docs above point only to the ability to add Actions that seem to require ​​​​a Trigger. But I want the Triggering event to be in other apps (CRMs), not in my system.

So I still don't know how to create Actions that I can publish without Triggers. Thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@hexagoncode 

Building Zap app integrations on the Zapier Developer Platform can have triggers and/or actions.

Examples:

@Troy Tessalone, that was not clear to me from the documentation, and even though I saw some apps that only had triggers or actions, I did not understand that that was possible.

Thank you so much for pointing that out.

(Perhaps the documentation maintainers can make that point a bit more clear. Or maybe I’m the problem! 😅)