Question

Can I make a digest of news channels posts?

• 27 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

In my work I often have to use non-English news sources. I have found ways of making digest of social media posts and YouTube videos of certain topics to go through as well as translate them automatically using Zapier but have been unable to figure out how to do that with non-English news sites (primarily Chinese). Any suggestions as to how I would be able to do this would be greatly appreciated. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @John Smith,

Here is how I see the Zap for the workflow that you have in mind:

1. Trigger: RSS by Zapier - New Item in Feed OR New Items in Multiple Feeds
  2. Action: Translate by Zapier - Translate Text
  3. Action: Digest by Zapier - Append Entry and Schedule Digest
  4. Action: [Action of your choice] - Decide where you want the translated digest to be sent or stored

Additionally, we have an awesome Community post on:

Hopefully, this points you in the right direction!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you @ken.a , this worked for most of the sites, there was one however that I could not find a RSS for. are there any alternatives to RSS that I could use?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @John Smith,

You can probably use Webhooks by Zapier as an alternative, but Webhooks by Zapier is considered an advanced feature, so our support for it may be more limited.

Not because we don't want to help, but because APIs can be so different and each request can be so unique. This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected.

If you’d like help on setting up Webhooks by Zapier. You can reach out to one of our certified Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts