Question

Can I integrate Google Sheets with my CRM without a mandatory source field?

Userlevel 1

Hello

I am trying to connect a Google sheet with my crm

But i do not manage to find the source which is a mandatory field to connect both by zapier

Could you please help me?

Thanks 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Jadou,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please provide more context or details about what "source" means? This will help me understand the specific issue you're encountering and provide more accurate guidance.

Additionally, have you tried connecting your Google sheet and CRM using Zapier, or are you encountering this issue before starting the integration process? Any additional details you can provide will be helpful.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

I want to connect my Google sheet with my crm and in order to do it i have to fill files name phone mail and source

I do not manage to fill this field

Regarding the second question i am trying to do it and it is not matching

I Hope it is clear

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey @Jadou -

Jumping in to see if I can help. Can you please provide some screenshots of what you have of the Zap set up so far? I’d like to take a closer look for full context of the use case. Thank you, and looking forward to helping you out!

Userlevel 1

Here find some screenshots.

I Hope it is clearer

I have issues with the yellow Line ( at the end)

Thanks

Regards

Jade

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @Jadou - looks like your screenshots weren’t included, can you try to send those our way again? 

Also if you let us know what CRM you are using that may also help make sure your Zap is up and working!

-Rachael

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I try again

I am using eforma

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thank you for the clarity on this @Jadou! If I’m understanding your request in its entirety, you aren’t able to find the dynamic dropdown option of the Source you’d like to connect to on Google Sheets, correct? 

If yes, is the source a file under your ownership? If someone else or another account owns the document, you will not be able to set up the Zap. You must be the document owner and the permissions on the file cannot be private. 

If you are the owner, and still cannot find the source you need, I’d like to recommend hitting the Refresh Fields button. Sometimes they take a little extra prodding to locate, especially if they are new files. 

Userlevel 1

Hello

You understood well thanks

I try again following yours instructions and it is not workint

The file is at my name and public....

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Jadou,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Whenever you see a “Yellow” data mapped to one of your fields in the action step, it means that the data doesn't exist in the trigger sample data anymore. You can try loading in a new sample data from the trigger and remap the “Yellow” data. You can do this by going to the “Test” section of the trigger step and selecting “Load more”. This should provide you with recent or new sample data to work with.

cfe49b409ac6d144db3fd77b6360fcc2.png
(view larger)

Let us know if this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

Thanks

But i still do not find the source information

:( :( :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Jadou!

Something that confuses me is what that Google Sheets field is. It says “content hash” in your screenshot. And it’s yellow.

When there’s a field that has previously been seen before but isn’t coming through with a particular sample, it will look like the top field in this screenshot:

Something like the bottom field happens when the field isn’t available at all in the trigger step at all. For example, in this article we explain how to manually create a “pill” in the event that live data does contain something that test data does not:

I’m able to replicate your screenshot by adjusting one of my fields like this:

Did you do something similar?