Question

Can I create specific tags or groups in Microsoft Outlook, which will then prompt a new task to that group?

• 24 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

The simple version is that she assigns categories to an email (categories are people specific, to handle the task, herself being one of them) that she will manually forward to Click Up. She would love to set up a Zap that sends the email to her Click Up, after tagging it manually, without her having to manually send it.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @anaf 

Good question.

Gmail has a Zap trigger that can be used, but Oulook does not.

Userlevel 1

Hey Everyone,

Is it possible to link custom tags or groups in Microsoft Outlook to automatically generate new tasks or reminders associated with that group?

Userlevel 1

Hey Everyone,

Is it possible to link custom tags or groups in Microsoft Outlook to automatically generate new tasks or reminders associated with that group?

Hi we ended up finding an in-app called Clickup for Outlook. And you can tag members instead of groups. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @anaf and @MelanieElliana! 👋

I’ve been looking into this and it doesn’t appear to be possible to create or link custom tags or groups with the Microsoft Outlook app. And I couldn’t see any existing feature requests for that sort of functionality so I’d recommend contacting our Support team to request that they open up a feature request for that on your behalf. You can do that here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Thanks so much for sharing how you got around this in the meantime @anaf. It’s much appreciated! 🙂