Best answer

Can I create a new trigger event for Greenhouse?

• 29 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there - we would like to create a Zap that’s triggered once a candidate gets moved to “Hired” so that we can automate onboarding communications/emails to go out via Gmail. I only saw 4 triggering events, none of which were what we’d want to use.

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 29 August 2022, 19:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @SKlepek ,

Although there is no trigger in the zap for status = hired, you can use the Webhooks on Greenhouse.io (specifically the “Application updated” web hook) to retrieve all applications with the status = hired

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @SKlepek!

Looks like this post is related:

As mentioned there, we don’t have a trigger for change in status (like moved to Hired, for example) but we do have a feature request for it. I’ve added your vote for it, which means you’ll receive an email if/when that gets implemented.

UPDATE: I was writing this response at the same time as@MohSwellam. I wasn’t aware that Greenhouse has webhooks. That’s a great option!

One possible workaround could be to use email notifications, if that exists, for when someone is hired. You could then use an email app as the trigger, or Email Parser by Zapier.

You could also see if you can find a Zapier Expert who could help you build a private integration for Greenhouse (using our developer platform), that would have the trigger you need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for the update @nicksimard , I was about to ask why wouldnt the Webhooks work? :D 

Userlevel 1

Thanks @MohSwellam - is this function only available outside of the free account? What pricing level would I need to take advantage of this? Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That I dont know. You will need to check with them about their pricing structure. 

In case you are asking about Zapier webhooks, its available as a Premium App, so its on the “Starter Plan”

Userlevel 1

Thanks -- looks like webhooks is not available on the free plan, which is fine! :)