Question

Can I automate import of Facebook & Instagram analytics to Looker Studio or Google Sheets?

• 15 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am looking to import my Facebook and Instagram analytics such as reach, impressions, profile views, new followers, etc to Looker Studio. At the moment, I’m uploading my csv to Google Sheets, but would like to know if there’s an automated way to pass these analytics via Zapier into either Lookerstudio or Google Sheets. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @aleishacg, welcome to Zapier Community! 

Before we begin, I’d like to make sure I am following your request correctly. Are you looking to connect Meta Business Suite directly with Zapier to Google Sheets? If yes, it does not appear that we currently currently have Meta Business Suite. It’s on our internal wishlist of apps to add to Zapier. If that is something you’re interested in I’d be happy to add your vote for it, just let me know! We do however connect directly with Instagram and Facebook as their own, individual entity. 

If I have mistaken your request, please let me know! You can also check out our apps page to explore all the integration possibilities we currently have. 

If you have any questions, or another workflow I can guide you through, just hop back into the Community, and we’ll do our best to set you up with a successful Zap!

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much! Yes, you have that request correct. Please add my vote to the list!

Being that zapier can connect individually with Facebook and Instagram, is there a way to pull in the overall account metrics such as total followers by the day? I’m looking to track the below metrics since I currently enter these manually by exporting directly from Facebook and Instagram. I’d love to have these auto-populating! The below image has the stats coming in as: export via facebook and instagram analytics to csv, upload to google sheets, then google sheets imports to looker studio via zapier. 

I’d just like to automate my social media analytic reports to one dashboard :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @aleishacg,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I've added your vote to our internal app wishlist for Facebook/Meta Business Suite. If we add this app to Zapier, we'll make sure to notify you.

Typically, new Zapier integrations are developed by the app's own team. So, it would be helpful if you could also encourage them to add their app to Zapier using our developer platform: https://zapier.com/platform.

If you're curious about how new services are usually added to Zapier, you can find more information here: https://zapier.com/help/manage/app-connections/request-to-add-a-new-app-to-zapier.

Regarding your request for overall account metrics from Facebook and Instagram, it appears that there are no direct actions available through Zapier for pulling in those specific metrics, such as total followers by the day.

To address this, you can contact our Support team, and they can create a feature request on your behalf for the desired functionality. You can reach out to our Support team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help.

Alternatively, you might consider using the "App Extensions (Beta)" or "API Request (Beta)" actions for Facebook and Instagram. These actions allow you to make custom API requests to these platforms. However, please note that this requires a good understanding of the APIs provided by Facebook and Instagram and whether they expose the required data.

Keep in mind that these are advanced features and may require technical knowledge to set up correctly. If you're not comfortable with this, you can either continue with your current manual process or consider hiring a developer who specializes in Zapier automation. We have certified Zapier Experts available for hire to assist you with your automation needs. Here: https://zapier.com/experts

Hopefully, this helps! 😊