Best answer

Can a zap trigger the creation of a new zap? (want a new zap for every Zoom meeting created)

• 6 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, 

I created a new zap that adds my meeting registrants from Zoom to a list in Active Campaign. 

But ideally I would like to automatically have this zap working for every meeting we create. 

Currently, I would need to recreate this zap every time I create a new meeting. 

Is there a way to avoid this and:

1. Create a new zap every time a meeting is created in Zoom
  2. Automatically send registrants to our Active Campaign list

It seems like two zaps in one. 

Or one zap to trigger the creation of multiple zaps. 

I looked into sub-zaps but couldn’t figure it out. 

Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 6 January 2023, 12:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @snazzlebaps!

It’s not currently possible to create a new Zap using a Zap as a trigger. Zapier manager can be used to turn Zaps on or off, but not to create a new one. I know that’s not a helpful answer, I’m sorry about that. I have passed on your feedback to the team so they know that this would be helpful for you. 

It sounds like what you need is the ability to have the New Meeting Registrant trigger work for any new meeting (instead of selecting one specific one), is that right? We do have a feature request open for that and I’ve added you as an interested user, which means that you’ll get an email if that’s added. You can also follow along with that feature request on this Community post:

The only workaround I can think of would be to create a Zap that you can copy each time that you create a new meeting and then set up a Zap that will send you a reminder to go and set up the Zap. So each time you create a new meeting, you’ll get a reminder to create the new Zap and you can just copy the one that you have ready, which will save you time. I know that’s not a fully automated solution, I’m sorry that I don’t have a better option for you right now. 

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1

Thanks Danvers! Marvellous reply. 

You’ve perfectly summed up my goal: a way to automatically capture all registrants, without needing to create a new Zap for every Zoom meeting. 

I like your idea of creating reminders. I’ll do this. 

I’ve subscribed to the feature request and will count the hours until it is manifested. 

Godspeed