Question

Bulk inventory updates in Shopify from Google Sheets using SKUs

• 3 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi there, 

I need to regularly manage my inventory levels of over 1400 products in shopify. My supplier sends me daily updates in a spreadsheet/csv format and I am hoping to use the data in this format to update my inventory levels in Shopify. I can see there are functions to support this, but it appears there are a few issues with the way I am currently setting up the zap. 

I know I can probably use an API call or webhook to accomplish this, but I am not there yet so I was hoping Zapier could help in the meantime. 

I want Zapier to be able to match the sku with the appropriate item in Shopify and update the inventory to the integer given in the spreadsheet. The zap I am using appears to have an action that can be triggered to update inventory on a single product at a time, but not multiple products. 

I’ve seen a few other similar posts in the questions forum about this, but was not able to find any good answers so I’m hoping someone will have some good advice for me here. 

Thanks 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Achaloner,

I think a Looping action would possibly be beneficial in this case.

Here is an article that might help.

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496106701453-Loop-your-Zap-actions#about-looping-by-zapier-s-integration-0-0

The basic idea is to loop through the entire list and update Shopify with each one.  

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Achaloner 

Good question.

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have more context, thanks.