Best answer

Azure DevOps connection using "Personal Access Token"

• 4 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I am curious if Zapier can use a ‘Personal Access Token’ instead of linking to Azure DevOps using the credentials of a signed-in user.

Thank you for any and all guidance.

icon

Best answer by SamB 4 May 2023, 14:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Sam in WA, welcome to the Community! 👋

Hmm, it looks like the Azure DevOps app is set up to connect via OAuth not PAT (Personal Access Tokens). I’m not seeing any existing feature requests for the ability to connect to Azure DevOps via PAT, so I’d suggest contacting our Support Team to request that one be added on your behalf. That’ll help to make the app’s developers aware of the interest in being able to connect using PAT.

In the meantime, you could potentially use a Webhooks by Zapier action or build a custom integration on our Developer Platform to connect to Azure DevOps using a PAT. I should note though that this is a bit more advanced and Webhooks would require a paid Zapier plan to use it. So depending on what Zapier plan and the level of experience in working with webhooks you have, it may not be an ideal solution here.

Please do report back here to let us know whether you’re able to get a connection to Azure DevOps via PAT up and running. Keen to know how you get on! 🙂