Best answer

Azure DevOps Additional Fields

• 7 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I'm trying to link Kanbanize to Azure DevOps, ticket creation event. I have a custom field in DevOps, but it is not showing as a field choice in Zapier, even after refreshing fields. Is there an alternative way to achieve setting additional fields, or am I only limited to defaults?

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 19 August 2020, 17:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey! Did you get a solution here? Can you grab the custom field via the API?

Userlevel 1

HI @andywingrave ,

No solution, unfortunately. Here is the response I got from support. I’m not sure how you can also get added as an interested user, but it seems like something that would be useful.

At this time, the Azure DevOps integration is unable to support custom fields.

To provide some context, the Axure DevOps integration is developed and maintained by a team at Microsoft.

There are quite a few users who would like to see this functionality added, and we have escalated a feature request to the Microsoft team asking them to add this functionality.

I don't have an ETA on when this might happen, bu I have added you as an interested user to the feature request. This helps to increase the visibility of the request and allows us to notify you when the feature is implemented.

In the meantime, you might be able to achieve what you're after by using webooks. You can learn more about webhooks here.

Just to be upfront, Webhooks by Zapier is considered an advanced feature, so our support for it may be more limited. Not because we don't want to help, but because APIs can be so different and each request can be so unique. This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@andywingrave let us know if you’d like to be added as an interested user here :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you! At the moment, I don’t use Azure Dev Ops, but keen to see how this progresses