Best answer

Automatically decline a Google Calendar Invite With Existing Scheduling Conflict

• 2 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello! I’m looking for a way to automatically decline Google Calendar invites if I already have an existing scheduling conflict. I’d also like to send a customized message, “Hello, I already have a scheduling conflict for this time, can you pick some time out of my calendar; here is my calendly link”. How can I go about doing this using Zapier?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 2 March 2023, 17:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AndyW 

Good question.

Wouldn’t that be avoided by using Calendly in the first place?

These are the available GCal Zap actions.

Update Event does not allow for declining invites.

@Troy Tessalone That would be a great solution if teams would agree to use the link =)

Thanks for the response! I didn’t see it there either, but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @AndyW! 👋

Troy is correct here, the Google Calendar app doesn’t have an action to decline meetings with a custom message.

I did find a feature request for that action to be added to the Google Calendar app though, so I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for that. I can’t make any promises as to when it would be added but we’ll be sure to email you the minute that action becomes available! 🙂