Best answer

Autogenerating Sales Receipt Number in QuickBooks Online

• 28 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi I am sending orders from Stripe to QuickBooks Online via Zapier as Sales Receipts. I would like the sales receipt number to auto generate (use the next number Quick Books is going to use). If I leave that field blank in the action then the sales receipt number is blank in QBO. Does anyone know what I can pass to QBO that will get it to generate its own sales receipt number?

icon

Best answer by SamB 1 March 2022, 12:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @wineglassmarketing 

For sales receipt auto generating number probably doesn’t work. If you create invoice you can just put AUTO_GENERATE in the field and it will add the next number to the invoice number.

You can however use API and get the last sales receipt number and use formatter to add +1 to that number and that will give you the next sales receipt number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @wineglassmarketing!

I can see that our Support team has added your vote to an existing feature request to have an “AUTOGENERATE” option added to the Create Sales Receipt action for QuickBooks. We can’t make any promises as to when it will be available but we’ll notify you by email as soon as it is.

In the meantime, robschmidt’s suggestion might be a good workaround to try here! :relaxed:  

Hi @wineglassmarketing 

For sales receipt auto generating number probably doesn’t work. If you create invoice you can just put AUTO_GENERATE in the field and it will add the next number to the invoice number.

You can however use API and get the last sales receipt number and use formatter to add +1 to that number and that will give you the next sales receipt number.

Hi Rob - how do I find the last sales receipt using zapier? I see the ability to find a specific invoice but not last sales receipt.