Best answer

Apps regularly losing authorization

• 2 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I know apps lose connection with Zapier in a regular basis. LinkedIn needs to be reconnected every 30 days, Microsoft Dynamics every 90 days (?). Is there any way to prevent this? Or is it possible for Zapier to send a notification before the connection is lost?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 8 July 2020, 13:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Avanti, I’m sorry for the frustration with having to reconnect your accounts. 

For LinkedIn, there isn’t a way around this I’m afraid - it’s something that is controlled by LinkedIn and we can’t change it on our end. Some of our users like to set up calendar reminders to reconnect their account to LinkedIn just before the 60 days is up to ensure that their apps continue to run smoothly. 

For Microsoft Dynamics, we do have an open issue report for this and are looking to see if we can improve your experience there. I’ve added you to the issue report, which lets our team know how many users are affected and also means that you’ll get an email if we have an update. 

While we will send out an email if there’s an error with a Zap, if the connection issue is with the trigger then we wont always know that there’s a problem, the app will simply stop sending your Zap information if the authentication is no longer valid. I’m sorry that this is a frustrating experience for you!