Question

ALL transfers say "No results found"... but it's built from an active zap that works

• 16 April 2022
  • 5 replies

So I just discovered the Transfers tool today. Imagine my surprise that after creating a brand new zap that is tested and works just fine for sending new Gmail attachments to Google Drive, and of course I want to grab those historical records too, but Transfer keeps telling me “No results found”… even though I have several hundred records I’d like to transfer.

Here’s what I’ve checked and know:

Transfers

• YES Gmail is supported
  • YES attachments are supported
  • YES Google Drive is supported
  • YES uploading a file is supported

So what gives?

Is “Transfers” restricted to a certain account level? I don’t see mention of that anywhere.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @StephanieH 

Good question.

It may be due to this:

Otherwise, may be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for help: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

@Troy Tessalone I would be okay with 100 records. But even those don't show. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@StephanieH 

This may help explain why:

Not all my emails are triggering my Zap

Each Gmail trigger has a specific length of time in the past that it can "see" emails in your Gmail account.
If the email in question is older than the time limit, the trigger won't be able to detect that email.

These limits are as follows:

• New Labeled Email - Unlimited
  • New Starred Email - 2 days
  • New Email - 1 hour
  • New Email Matching Search - 1 hour
  • New Thread - 1 hour
  • New Attachment - 1 hour

@Troy Tessalone thanks for trying to help, but this whole article is written in regards to zaps. It doesn’t mention anything about Transfers, and Transfers is literally designed for the sole purpose of getting historical records. 

However, out of desperation to use up my credits as today is my last day before cycle renews tomorrow, I went ahead and tried this with “New Labeled Email” since it says “Unlimited” and I still get the same “No Results Found”.

I guess I’m just not meant to be able to accomplish this lol. Any recommendations on a way to export bulk historical Gmail attachments? If I use Google Takeout it just gives you an MBOX file, which you then need to know how/what to do with that in Thunderbird…. which is a project all on it’s own (I tried that first, way too confusing for me ha, which is how I ended up here).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@StephanieH

Probably best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for guidance about using Gmail in Transfers: https://zapier.com/app/get-help