Best answer

All airtable fields not showing up for action

• 29 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am wanting to send a slack message with a specific airtable field included, but the options in the slack message are only returning the airtables record ID and time created. The data out for the record finding of the airtable shows the field I need and its a step prior. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 29 December 2020, 04:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you manually test Step 2 in your Zap and get a successful response?

This looks like test data.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Did you manually test Step 2 in your Zap?

Man you are quick! Yee, here is the field I need - 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Can you confirm you manually tested in the Zap step configuration and got a success response on Step 2?

Asking because the screenshot you provided is from a triggered Zap in the Zap Task History Log Details, which is different than in the Zap step setup.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Can you confirm you manually tested in the Zap step configuration and got a success response on Step 2?

Asking because the screenshot you provided is from a triggered Zap in the Zap Task History Log Details, which is different than in the Zap step setup.

I am unable to manually test this step as the trigger is an instant trigger that zapier does not catch when trying to test which in turn is unable to find a test record.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Ok, one option is for you to manually enter a static value to search for in Step 2, get a result record from Airtable, then map the desired field to future Zap steps, and lastly go back to step 2 and make that dynamic again.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Ok, one option is for you to manually enter a static value to search for in Step 2, get a result record from Airtable, then map the desired field to future Zap steps, and lastly go back to step 2 and make that dynamic again.

Did not know that could be done. Let me try!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

This worked thank you!