Best answer

Airtable to bit.ly and back?

• 10 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

New to Zapier, so I may be making an obvious mistake.

I’m trying to create a Zap that takes a new record from Airtable, creates a Bitlink in bit.ly, and then updates the Airtable record with the short Bit.ly URL.

Everything works except for one thing. The Bitlink that’s created has two fields - URL and Title. The URL is created properly from the Airtable LongURL field, but the Title field in Bit.ly also gets populated with the original LongURL from Airtable, instead of the Title field from Airtable.

Everything appears to work correctly in the Zap test. I’m using the Airtable Title field to update the Bit.ly Title field. Can’t figure out what’s wrong.

Strangely, it worked properly *once*, updating the Bit.ly Title using the Airtable Title. I don’t know if that was random or if it was something I did unknowingly.

Anyone experience this issue with Bit.ly? Seems more likely that I’m doing something wrong than a bug, but I can’t figure out what it is.

icon

Best answer by abilstein 10 October 2020, 16:27

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Nevermind. It looks like the Bitly Title field (at least in the UI) just lags by several minutes. If I wait a few minutes and refresh, the title is there properly. A bit strange, but seems to be working fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @abilstein!

It sounds like you got everything working :) Thanks for the update!