Question

Airtable -> Hootsuite -> Instagram

• 5 January 2022
  • 4 replies

So I've configured zapier to take social media posts from air-table and send them to hootsuite for posting on Facebook/twitter/LinkedIn for about a year now. I have different zaps for processing assets or URL’s with accompanying text and hashtags and after a lot of wrangling and testing initially, it works great.

Problem is I can’t get this to work with our Instagram account as Zapier reports - This social profile type is not supported by our API at this time.

Does anyone have an experience of this and is able to offer a solution or is this purely down to Zapiers/Hootsuites implementation of the API? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @S1mon_OBS

Perhaps you can elaborate where in the Zap setup configure you are having issues.

What social profile type do you have?

Zap has these 2 integrations for Instagram:

Thanks @Troy Tessalone 

We have Instagram for Business. 

The issue arises when configuring the Action. 

Any thoughts? I get the feeling the issue is with the API implementation and as such is not fixable at this time….

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@S1mon_OBS

Have you tried using the direct Instagram for Business Zap app integration rather than via Hootsuite?

https://zapier.com/apps/instagram-for-business/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Make sure to check the available help articles: https://zapier.com/apps/instagram-for-business/help

@Troy Tessalone Yes I have however that requires using the delay step in order to schedule posts. It also means we can’t make use of hootsuite analytics. 

For now we will just do it manually whilst the other SM platforms work well as they are. 

FYI I am also now looking into Notion as an alternative to airtable but it seems the implementation comes with its own unique set of challenges!

Thanks for your assistance none the less.