Question

Adding Teams meetings to Microsoft & Google Calendar events

• 23 June 2022
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I’m using Spark email, which is more or less equivalent to outlook, I want to automate this workflow:

Create meeting from google calendar → Create meeting in Microsoft teams → Copy the Teams online meeting link → Update the google calendar event with the teams meeting

The Zap i am trying to build looks like this:

Trigger: New google calendar event

Condition: Description==”Teams”

Action 1: Create new Office 365 event

Action 2: Update original google calendar event, with: Description==”O365 event description” and Location==”O365 Location”

Optional Action 3: Delete new O365 event

Expected result: When i create a new google calendar event, it’s description and location are updated with a Microsoft Teams link.

Actual result: The Location and Description results say “no data” in the Zap-builder, and do not update in the event.

I’ve tried adding another of my email addresses as invitee within the Zap, as I thought maybe Teams doesn’t generate a link if there are no invitees, but this didn’t make a difference.

Any suggestions as to how I could make office365 generate a Teams meeting, which could then be added to the google event, in this zap?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

In case there is no solution for this and someone stumbles on this later:

Work-around I implemented:

In Teams you can click on ‘meet now’ and get a ‘personal meeting link’ I pasted this link in the ‘modify calendar item’ step in zapier.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey, we may be able to help.  I’ll send you a PM