Best answer

Add google docs body text to confluence cloud page

• 3 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi there when a new google doc is created I am looking to create a duplicate on confluence page. I see I can add the title and body to confluence, but not sure which specific data tag to use for the body. The title clearly appears from google to confluence page, the body text does not.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 6 February 2023, 23:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @chrisfinck 

Good question.

I don’t believe GDrive returns the file contents of GDocs in Zaps.

If you use Dropbox - New File in Folder, then you can return the file contents.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @chrisfinck 

Good question.

I don’t believe GDrive returns the file contents of GDocs in Zaps.

If you use Dropbox - New File in Folder, then you can return the file contents.

I gotta say @Troy Tessalone you have helped me numerous times over the years. Much appreciated for your continued support! I will take a look at this option thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Heya @chrisfinck! No doubt - @Troy Tessalone is a 💎.

Did the Dropbox “New File in Folder” trigger end up working for you?

I also wanted to share this workflow article my teammate Sam wrote that describes how to get the content from a Google Doc using Webhooks by Zapier.

Could be worth giving a shot if you’d prefer to stick within the Google suite. 🙂

Keep us posted!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Heya @chrisfinck! No doubt - @Troy Tessalone is a 💎.

I also wanted to share this workflow article my teammate Sam wrote that describes how to get the content from a Google Doc using Webhooks by Zapier.

Could be worth giving a shot if you’d prefer to stick within the Google suite. 🙂

Keep us posted!

We don’t subscribe to dropbox, so I will check out your webhook approach above. Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Heya @chrisfinck! No doubt - @Troy Tessalone is a 💎.

Keep us posted!

This was the solution I was looking for. Any idea how I could persist the formatting of the body text? i.e. Keep the bullet lists and titles as bold?