Question

Add files to Monday.com from Zoho Creator

• 14 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I am trying to add a file to an item in Monday.com. I have got it to make the group and item I need. But I am not sure what I need to put in the last section (screen shot attached) to make the uploaded file actually move into Monday. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DanL90 

Good question.

The File field expects a file object. (Search Zap step 1 output variables for “file”.)

Help article about using files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

The File Name field would expect the name of the File as per the field description.

Hi Tory,

I am very sorry, but I don't understand. Is it not able to use the “File” Section as the file object? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DanL90 

The mapped variable for “Quote” is not a file object, nor does it look like a file url.

Please post detailed screenshots of all the data points returned from the Zap trigger step to give us more context.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DanL90 

Example of a file object variable.

Hi Tory,

Please see screen shot. In zoho that field of a file upload field. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DanL90 

This is only the name of the Quote file that is a PDF.

It’s not a file url or a file object.

The screenshot only shows a subset of the fields returned from the Zap trigger step.
Are you able to provide more screenshots that show all of the fields returned?

Hi Tory,

This is all the data that's been gathered.

I think i understand that the issue is Zapier is not seeing the information as an file object. But should i then assume, there is no way of getting data out of Zoho and into Zapier? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DanL90 

Having only a file name is not sufficient.

The file object or file URL would need to be available to send the data from Zoho Creator to Monday.