Best answer

Add a new app to zapier

• 30 September 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I need to use "band" apm for my automatisations with zapier but "band" app is not in the list of app which propose zapier.

I really need it to send me notification in an other app when a new event is posted in band calendar.

So, can the "band" app can be added to zapier ?

Band : https://blog.band.com/

Thanks in advance !

Denis

icon

Best answer by ForYourIT 1 October 2020, 20:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

FYI: Most Zapier app integrations are maintained by the app developer, rather than Zapier, so best if you reach out to the app developer and encourage them to integrate their app with Zapier.

Otherwise can try using the Band OPEN API: https://band.us/cs/notice/2755

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Denisleboss Yes, in short, the Band app can be added to Zapier, there are three ways this can happen:

1. Band decides to build the integration and does so, tests it, and releases it on the Zapier Platform
  2. Zapier decides to build a native integration to Band and releases it publically
  3. Users like yourself hire someone (like myself or another Zapier Expert) to build a private integration on the Zapier platform. Band has an api that we’d use to build it. 

Number one might be the best way to make it happen but while it would be free it might take 6-12 months and that is dependent upon Band’s schedule and resources

Number two probably won’t happen unless Band becomes highly sought after, Zapier has a lot of apps to integrate and I have no idea how high Band is on the list. 

Number three is expensive (considering that numbers 1 and 2 are free) but it is the fastest way to accomplish this. 

I recommend reaching out to Band support and finding out if they are working on an integration or have plans to. If the answer is no they aren’t working on an integration and do not have plans to then I recommend moving on to option three. 

Userlevel 1

Okay, thanks a lot for all of your a answers.

For the option 3, how can I do that because I'm not a developper, how much does it will cost and how many time does it will take ? Because it's only for my usage as a normal user not a business utilisation.

Thanks in advance again !

Userlevel 1

@PaulKortman 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Denisleboss the costs are different for every expert. Feel free to head here to get a quote for this work.

Userlevel 1

@Denisleboss the costs are different for every expert. Feel free to head here to get a quote for this work.

Okay, but do you have a range of price for this automatisation ?

(Check if new event is posted in band, take the date and the hour of the event and send it do discord)

It's only for personal utilisation so if it's too expensive I will forget that.

Thx

Userlevel 1

@PaulKortman 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Checking the band API it seems like it's not possible to retrieve any calendar data: https://developers.band.us/develop/guide/api

I suggest you to ask the support team of band to ask if they can help!

~Bjorn

Userlevel 1

When a event is posted, a post is created so you can have it with that. But I can export the band calendar to app like google agenda but the sync time of google agenda is between 6 and 18h. So the band calendar will sync to the Google agenda but every 18h and it's too late for me.

Can someone have an other idea ?

Checking the band API it seems like it's not possible to retrieve any calendar data: https://developers.band.us/develop/guide/api

I suggest you to ask the support team of band to ask if they can help!

~Bjorn

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Denisleboss ,

If its a post you are looking for this should be no problem. You (we can assist you with this) can make a script that checks every x minutes and if a new post is there, not earlier on the list, you can do something with it. 

I will send you a message with some details. 

~Bjorn