Question

Accessing a force.com domain

• 16 November 2020
  • 6 replies

I’m trying to create a zap that looks up contact records in a Salesforce database and inputs the fields into a Clio record.  But the Salesforce site uses force.com, which I believe is Salesforce’s PaaS product.  Is there a way to connect to force.com site?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Dalber 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Dalber!

I’m not 100% sure if that’s possible (though I suspect that it may not be). I’m going to check with my team to see if it is, and I’ll update this thread when I have a definitive answer :)

Any updates on this? @nicksimard 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Dalber,

My apologies for not updating this thread! I did look into this and it appears that there’s a separate API for force.com (based on this documentation). If you wanted to connect to something that’s using force.com, you wouldn’t be able to do so with the Salesforce integration. 

It would require you to use an alternative, like a private integration developed on the Zapier Platform, or Code/Webhooks in a Zap.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Dalber Hey there! Just wanted to check in and see if you still need help with this?

I have not found a solution yet.