About "How Do I"

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Welcome to “How Do I…” in the Zapier Community 👋. Since you’re here, we want to provide some clarification to the intent of this part of our Community. (For those who have been here a while, this used to be our “General Questions” forum!). 

What fits in How Do I..: 

• Anything and everything Zapier Basics

• All of the app(s) questions you may have

• Confirming if Zapier can do what you’re looking for

• Looking for help with building a Zap that you don’t know how to put into words. We like those ones especially. 

Some stuff that is better suited elsewhere: 

The Bottom Line

If you’re not sure where you should ask, just let us know and we’re happy to point you in the right direction. Happy posting, and we’ll see you around the Community!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 1

Can we discuss the question any off-topic or not?

How do I automate calculation of inventory and expenses with accounting software for my ecommerce business?

Userlevel 1

Ok, I think I have read everything I can find, and I have tried pretty much every combination and I cannot get two pieces across.

RSS to Heartbeat

I am asking it to share my podcast info with each new release in a new thread in my Heartbeat Community.

It works, but no matter what I do, I cannot get it to put in the title or a link to listen or the actual podcast link.  I can get the other information to cross over, but these two pieces seem important to me.

What am I missing?

Userlevel 1

how do i sync outlook calendar with google calendar? i tried to create a zap for event update dun i cannot find it.

how do i sync outlook calendar with google calendar? i tried to create a zap for event update dun i cannot find it.

Hi Chan - I suspect you could use the Google Calendar app and select “New or Updated Event” to send all new/updated events to your outlook calendar (or vice versa). However, I don’t think a zap is the most effective way of doing this.

I would suggest doing to following - in this scenario, you would use your Google Calendar as the main calendar containing all types of events across Google and Outlook.

Simply add the outlook email account to your Gmail Mobile app. Once it’s added, go to the Gmail app settings and select preferred Sync Frequency - I use ‘Automatic (push)’ because I want them to appear right away. You can also turn off the notifications for emails to this Outlook account if you prefer to receive/read/respond from your Outlook app/account.

Now, the Outlook account should appear as an option in your Google Calendar app. All events created on your Outlook calendar will quickly appear on your Google Calendar. 

How do I automate calculation of inventory and expenses with accounting software for my ecommerce business?

Hi TiffanyK,

There may be a few options for this. Writing the inventory and expenses information to a Google Sheet that is set-up and ready to calculate Totals, Balance, etc. A separate sheet that contains the calculated data could potentially send the data to your accounting software to keep things up-to-date automatically.

It’s a bit difficult to give specific guidance without knowing more. I would be happy to take a closer look and see if your end-goal is achievable. Feel free to send me a message on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/borgesmax/

Thanks!

Max

Ok, I think I have read everything I can find, and I have tried pretty much every combination and I cannot get two pieces across.

RSS to Heartbeat

I am asking it to share my podcast info with each new release in a new thread in my Heartbeat Community.

It works, but no matter what I do, I cannot get it to put in the title or a link to listen or the actual podcast link.  I can get the other information to cross over, but these two pieces seem important to me.

What am I missing?

Hi Creativeu,

I have definitely had instances where certain data parameters did not port over correctly. I believe the Heartbeat app was in Beta status not long ago - it may still me. Either way, I have been working with Zapier for several years helping friends and family with automation. If you have not figured this our, please feel free to send me a note and I would be happy to take a closer look with you. Thanks! Max https://www.linkedin.com/in/borgesmax/

I’m new to zapier joined yesterday. I’m transferring Invoice/Bill data from Xero to smart sheet.

I’ve created my zap as 

App - Xero

Event - New Bill

Status - All

I’ve created my required columns in the smart sheet.

When I go to my step details/Set Up action, I can not find an option for my tracking codes or My Account Code Name listed under all available options from Xero.

Account Code is there and I can get that across no problems.

How do I get my xero bill tracking categories and account code name to be listed as an option for data to send across?

Thanks and apologies if I have asked this in the wrong place.

How do I connect my current site to Zapier. I have a community Key, but I can't figure out how to get the platform to send information to Zapier. It is a newer platform and not listed in the existing catalog. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi friends! Wanted to post a brief Mea culpa on some of the questions that were posted here and didn’t get a direct reply! We have closed this thread for now so that we don’t accidentally miss any moving forward.

For those of you reading this who are thinking “wait I have an important question!” starting a new thread is your best bet to make sure someone is able to catch it and help you out. 

Thanks again for coming by, and you can always send me a direct message should you have an urgent question or need and I’m happy to send you to the right spot! 

Best,

Rachael