Best answer

a trigger only update a row of spreadsheet Google instead of "new or update"

• 8 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

In order to save a number of task, the Zappier should be let to setup a trigger only when a row is updated instead of “new or updated”

This zap is running to every single row and I dont need it.

Is it feasible or already exists and I didnt see it? Is there any way to workaround?

Tks so much I’m beginner here pls look over

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 8 October 2022, 07:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @acaruso ,

It is actually more feasible this way because you cannot update something unless you actually create it :) 

If you dont need to send all the rows in Google Sheet to Zapier, then maybe consider adding a field called “Trigger Zapier” which is like a checkbox and then add a filter to your zap (right after the trigger) that only proceeds if the checkbox is ticked, this way you can control what you want to send to Zapier and you won't be using any tasks for data that doesn't pass the filter. 

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @acaruso ,

It is actually more feasible this way because you cannot update something unless you actually create it :) 

If you dont need to send all the rows in Google Sheet to Zapier, then maybe consider adding a field called “Trigger Zapier” which is like a checkbox and then add a filter to your zap (right after the trigger) that only proceeds if the checkbox is ticked, this way you can control what you want to send to Zapier and you won't be using any tasks for data that doesn't pass the filter. 

Hope this helps. 

Thk u @MohSwellam  for your prompt reply.

I sent that because I’m coming from Automatio.io and I used like a zap only update, I mean, only if a checkbox field was updated and nothing happened if a new row was inserted. 

Tks for your suggestion. I already use a checkbox field. I was trying to avoid to zap review all row and count as a task.

I got it!