Question

401 error when connecting wordpress from zapier

• 17 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Guys I can not for the life of me connect zapier to Wordpress I have tried xml-rpc with a plug in and it failed, the xml-rpc is not in the writing area of settings now but i don't know if that's anything to do with it..

i want to connect to https://www.glasgownews.org.uk i have the screenshots (attached) im stumped please help.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @brianmcgui 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 1

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @brianmcgui!

Connecting to WordPress can be tricky as there are so many layers of permissions and protections. 

The first thing to do is to check the section of our Word Press help doc that gives you some things to try if your having trouble connecting to WordPress: Common Problems with WordPress

If you’ve tried all of those and are still running into errors, the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Support Team as they’ll be able to take a closer look at the Zap with you. You can contact them using the Get Help form

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @brianmcgui!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since we didn't hear back after our last message. Did you still need help here or were you able to resolve things? Please let us know :)

Userlevel 1

No I’ve tried another user the zapier app and got nowhere. I am moving servers due to an upgrade I’m doing I will try on that it’s done my head in