Best answer

1 large Zap vs lots of smaller Zaps

• 16 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I’m currently planning my first “large” zap - when I say Large, we’re talking about hundreds of steps over a period of 3 or 4 months. 

I don’t know if it’s best practice to use 1x master zap utitilizing paths etc that contains it all, or lots of smaller autonomous ones where possible - so Zaps linking to Zaps. 

Would welcome advice. It’s not a kick-arse complex one, just lots of time and delay rules etc and triggering of other apps like Keap and Email, Todoist etc etc 

icon

Best answer by SamB 11 November 2021, 12:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community @MGWilliams! :)

It’s possible to add up to 100 Steps in a single Zap. That said, we’d normally recommend breaking up the workflow across several Zaps so that they're more stable and easier to troubleshoot if anything goes wrong. 

If it helps, it’s possible to use our Sub-Zap by Zapier app to create a set of actions to be re-used across multiple Zaps. You can find out more about how to do that here: Build reusable Sub-Zaps

Hope this information helps! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MGWilliams 

Definitely recommend going for the simplest/shortest/strongest Zaps possible.

1. Simplest: Least complex with the logic
  2. Shortest: Least number of steps
  3. Strongest: Least likely to have issues or error

Keep in mind you’ll likely need to update (e.g. add a step/path) and troubleshoot (issues/errors) the Zaps in the future.

In addition to Sub-Zaps, Webhooks are a way that Zaps can be chained together where 1 Zap triggers another Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/integrations