Best answer

Zap was stopped due to high error ratio - how to check for error?

• 17 September 2021
  • 4 replies

We are having a major issue where our zap is turning itself off with this message: Zap was stopped due to high error ratio

How can I prevent Zap from stopping?
If this is not possible, what should I check to determine the cause of the error?

icon

Best answer by SamB 17 November 2021, 15:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @K.A 

What apps are you using in your Zap?

What Zap step is causing the error?

Check your Zap Runs history for the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thanks for the reply.

>What apps are you using in your Zap?

• New or Updated Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets
  • Create Record in Salesforce
  • Update Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets
  • Create Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets
  • Lookup Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets
  • Send Channel Message in Slack

>What Zap step is causing the error?

I can't confirm that because it's not logged.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@K.A

Might be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for further help: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Following up here as I spotted @K.A also reached out to our Support team about this. They found that the errors couldn’t be viewed in the Zap History as they occurred back in June. We can can only guarantee a maximum of one month of Zap run data in your Zap history - Zap History storage. As there has been no further instances of this, it appears that the issue has since been resolved. :)

If a Zap repeatedly runs into errors then as a safety precaution we’ll automatically turn it off. The best way to prevent this from happening is to update your email notification settings to ensure you receive errors as they happen (Manage notifications when errors occur in Zaps), review any errors in the Zap History, then troubleshoot and fix them so that they no longer occur.

You can find out more about troubleshooting Zap errors in this guide: Troubleshoot errors in Zapier