Best answer

How to bring Jira attachments to Trello cards in Zapier?

• 15 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Beginner
  • 10 replies

We have the following workflow: if the new Jira issue is created a new Trello card is created as well with the same description. However, if there were attachments in the Jira issue, the are not transferred to Trello card, is there a way to achieve this?  

icon

Best answer by SamB 4 January 2024, 14:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@MAV Are you using the “Add Attachment to Card” action step after creating the card?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu No, I did not use this one. Now I did add one, however I can not find an attribute to add an attachment form Jira.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu As I understand there is no attribute in Jira to get the information about attachment, because as is given in the example below for Gmail, there should be one. Thus, am I right, it is not possible to add attachments from Jira to Trello?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@MAV I’m not familiar with Jira myself, but check the trigger data you get from the test - and see if any of the fields contain a URL. That usually indicates an attachment.

(FYI - it’s not always shown in the same way as your see with Gmail).

Userlevel 1
Badge

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu Unfortunately, there is no attribute for attachment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@MAV I think you might be out of luck then.

Shall I flag this post so someone from Team Zapier can add your vote to a feature request?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu yes you may, thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @MAV

We do have a feature request open for adding attachments to the New and Update Issue triggers for Jira Software Cloud. I've added your email address as another vote for this addition - we use these feature lists to prioritise updates to the integrations which we maintain. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if we add it in the future. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks,

I have good news - the Jira Software Cloud app has recently been updated and now allows you to access the attachments! 🎉🎉🎉

That said, if you run into any trouble in selecting the attachments from the New Issue and Updated Issue triggers do let us know. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡