Best answer

Can I use @mentions in Post Facebook Photo description?

• 27 May 2020
  • 5 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi,

I have set up a Zap to post new photo's to Facebook. In the description field for the photo I would like to @mention my Facebook page. Using @[page-name] doesn't work. Is there a way to create a mention from the description field?

icon

Best answer by ikbelkirasan 27 May 2020, 21:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@pietjeprecies Try mentioning with the user ID instead in this format @[user_id]

Replace user_id with the actual user ID.

I tried, but it doens't work unfortunately. It will show up on Facebook as plain text, e.g.: @12354609076865

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@pietjeprecies Did you include the brackets?

Yes, I tried with brackets, with { and } and every possible combination. I even tried posting to apps like Buffer instead of Facebook directly, but it doesn't seem to work in any way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Well, you probably need to check out their API documentation to find out if you’re hitting into a limitation.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/pages/mentions/

• In the Settings of your Page, you must have allowed Others Tagging this Page.
  • A Page can only mention a person if the person commented on a Page post or if the person created the Page post.
  • If your app is in Development mode, you must be an admin or a developer of the app and use Pages of which you are an admin. All Pages (both to make the API call, and to be used in a mention)