Best answer

All data from Gravity Forms isn’t added to ClickUp task

• 16 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I apologise in advance as I am sure my issue relates to the “section” between the chair and the keyboard!

I have set up a zap between Gravity Forms and ClickUp that when a new form submission is received a new task is added to ClickUp.

I created a template in ClickUp for the task field names the same as in Gravity Forms.

When I test Gravity Forms, the data is displayed. But when I test the ClickUp New Task, while it test is successful and all sections/steps have green ticks, the fields are listed but the data hasn’t been been added. 

I have obviously missed something. Would anyone have some suggestion as it what I might be missing?

Many thanks,
Robyn

icon

Best answer by SamB 18 October 2021, 10:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RobynAU 

Please post screenshot with how your Zap step is configured with the data points mapped for the ClickUp action, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @RobynAU! :)

I have been doing some digging on this and saw that a few other users have been running into this problem too, so it’s nothing you’ve done! At this time, the ClickUp API endpoint for create task with template doesn’t appear to support sending any other fields than the task name. 

We have a bug report open for this so I’ve added you to the list of affected users. I don’t have an ETA on when this will be resolved but we’ll send you an email notification as soon as it’s been sorted.

In the meantime, it looks as though when a template isn’t selected, Zaps should be able to create tasks in ClickUp with additional information, not just the name.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy and Sam

Thank you for getting back to me.

I am using custom fields and read that they aren’t currently import? 

@Sam, I will look at the option of not using a template and let you know if I have the same result.

Kind regards
Robyn 

Hi @RobynAU did you get the chance to test this out? Did it finally work by sending via API without specifying template?